Friday, July 18, 2008

Tuesday, 9. September 2008.
Pero wakes me up briefly before he leaves for work. We greet each other, probably for the next three years and I get back to sleep while he's going to work.
I wake up around 10 am and drop by a home improvements store in order to get a wrench to dismantle my bike. After a couple of attempts I finally get the right wrench and get back to the apartment to start working on it.
It's harder than I have thought. I even search for advice in the book Debra gave me at the beginning of this trip (Bicycle Maintenance And Repair - thanx again Debra!!) and finally an hour later my bike is all inside the box. With Diana I load the bike into the car behind the back seat
and the front row of seats, pack my stuff and get the car ready to go.
We get back into the apartment to have lunch together. I hug her goodbye and hit the road again, this time by car.
By 3 pm I'm somewhere north of LA pumping gas at a gas station. The traffic is shitty as usual and I doubt I'll be in Denver tonight.

Entering Las Vegas, Nevada.

I manage to get to Las Vegas just before sunset. There's still enough sunlight that Las Vegas doesn't have its usual glow like it does in the night time. It's night when I cross the Nevada - Arizona border first and Arizona - Utah border later and I'm headed North-East towards Colorado.
It's around 4 am when I decide to call it a day and take a couple of hours rest just a few miles before the Colorado border.

No comments: