Sunday, August 10, 2008

Monday, 28. July 2008.
The girls get ready for the amusement park (if memory serves me right, it's called Cedar Point) and I get ready to explore the city. Marie is so kind to give me her bicycle, plus she hands me her spare set of keys to the apartment and I'm all set.
We arrange to meet for dinner after they're done with the park and off I go.
The bike is a bit little for me, but it works, somehow.
I manage to find a few record stores, but nothing memorable. I take a break and go for a veggie + cheese sandwich + some funky french fries in this place called "Melt". The food is awesome and I get at least 5 glasses of Sprite (you only pay the first one in America, the next ones are all free). In return, I give the waiter a good tip and get back on the road.
I find a few more record stores and at least one of them is good. I find the Necros / White Flag split LP, the Morally Bankrupt LP and a Kill Your Idols LP for dirt cheap. I'm about to leave when I spot a guy with a Token Entry LP under his sleeve. The guy just got in to sell some of his records. I wait until he's done dealing with the shop and then get the Token Entry and Jawbreaker LPs. Good.
I'm back home to check e-mail. I try to watch a movie on a video tape, but the VCR won't collaborate. I ditch it and get back to the internet. The internet is pretty much a "Should I stay or should I go" thing, only here it's more like "Should I work or should I not". It means I get it to work for about ten minutes and then it dies. Ten more minutes and it recovers and thn it dies again. And so forth. Not much fun, if you ask me.
The girls are back super late and we try to find the only open thing in town which is Wendy's. definitel not m favorite place, but I get a veggie burger and don't complain much. After all I'm a guest and aftr all, nothing else is open. So there.

No comments: