Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sunday, 3. August 2008.
It's a full house here. I'm sleeping on the floor on an inflating mattress (no Jackson this time, but Schmoopy - I can guarantee though, they both love stepping on your bed and waking you up!) Debra's on the couch next to me, Lisa (Debra's girlfriend) and Lisa's mother sleep on the bed in the bedroom and Schmoopy sleeps in her bed (until she decides it's time to wake me up).
Schmoopy is a Dalmatian. Practically, just like me. I'm Dalmatian as well, from Split, the capital of Dalmatia and the second biggest city in Croatia. That's where I grew up. I doubt Schmoopy did as well.
Lisa is not Dalmatian. She's from Seattle slash Portland. But she walks Dalmatians and other dogs as she runs a dog walking business. Sometimes dogs run after her. Sometimes nobody runs and it's all just walking. She's lovely and I'm glad she's my friend's girlfriend.
Lisa's mom lives in Portland but is visiting right now.
And then Donna, Debra's sister drops by and we all go to get me bicycle and the gear for my trip. I'm to say the least, a little embarrassed. I'm going from store to store with 4 women who are running around me trying to help me find a bike, helmet, gloves, sleeping bag, tent,... We go from Recycled Cycles to REI to Gregg's Bikes to Performance to Target to K-Mart and so on.
I don't find much of what I'm looking for but to make everybody think we've at least accomplished something I buy a helmet, gloves and a couple of dayglo ankle straps.
We also get tons of food and I declare a peaceful occupation of Debra's slash Lisa's kitchen and prepare a gorgonzola/fontina/parmesan + artichokes pasta and avocado hummus. Everybody's happy and we go to sleep. It feels like home again.

See how people are smiling when Adam cooks the dinner. : )
From left: Lisa's mom, Lisa, me, Debra.

No comments: