Thursday, August 7, 2008

Oregon.

Tuesday, 12. August 2008.
From Longview you cross the immense Columbia river and you're in Oregon. I've never seen so much lumber in my life. I mean huge pieces of wood ready to be shipped to a factory that will produce your bed or wardrobe. From the bridge that crosses Columbia river you see tons and tons and tons of wood.
I bike along the river for a couple of hours and stop in some recreational area to take a few pictures. Back on the road and I see another biker, biking in the opposite direction on a recumbent bike with bags and a tent hanging off the back. It's always nice to see someone else on a long trek as well.
The road to Portland is fairly nice. Just a couple of hills and that's it.
I get into the city pretty early, around 5 pm. My Tom Tom gets a bit "lost" in the center so it disorients me for a bit. I manage to find my way out to the very end of Portland (along the neverending Division street) where Ivy, Simon and Nick live.
Ivy and Dixie, the dog, are waiting for me. Shortly afterwards Simon and Nick come home and we have some awesome burritos together. I stay for a while chatting with Ivy, but she has to be up at 5 am so I just stay up late and start writing this blog.
Note: the dates of the blog are all messed up in order to make it read from the beginning of the trip to the end. I started the blog on 12th of August, writing the backlog from the very first days in the US. Now that I write this is the 17th and I'm trying to catch up. Read on.

No comments: