Thursday, August 7, 2008

Monday, 11. August 2008.
As usual, everyone's up before me. I just like sleeping late. It's cool people don't mind it. I guess one of Summer's dogs does, cos my wake up call cosists of a couple of licks on my face.
After breakfast I'm on the road again. Summer explains me what road to take and prints out a little map for me. Today I don't know how far I'm going. Portland seems a bit too far so I'm looking to stay somewhere halfway between Centralia and Portland.
It's a bit of a hilly ride, though nothing major. I enjoy beautiful countryside of the suthern Washington. It's really pretty here.
A part of the path runs along the river and it's really beautiful there too. I stop just a couple of times. The first time at a Subway, not far from the Interstate 5, for a sandwich and the second time at a random gas station to get something to drink.
In the evening I get to Kelso. The first motel I stop at doesn't take my credit card. I continue and get into Longview. The next motel has nobody at the office, so I keep going. Finally the third motel is open, inexpensive and looks pretty tidy so I choose to stay there.
I can finally do some laundry, so I do that, watch some of the olympics and go to bed.

No comments: