Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Thursday, 24. July 2008
I'm getting restless in New York. I really want to leave. New York isn't my favorite place on earth (although I admit Brooklyn is quite a different ballgame than Manhattan, and it's a good thing) so spending a whole week here seems like a lot.
Amanda agrees on leaving tomorrow. Good.
I hop on my bike and get to Manhattan again, this time to meet Emma and Viktoria again.
We meet in front of 99X, the shoe shop that I was robbed in front of 6 years ago. Most of the shops from that time are gone. 99X is still there. Emma and Viktoria are already waiting across the street. They both have new tattoos and they're both having full hands of bags. I guess it must've been a shopping day for them.
We go to another veggie place. This one's called Atlas Cafe. Emma has a whole list of vegetarian places in New York and she's crossing them one by one after eating in them. I guess Atlas Cafe hasn't been crossed off yet.
The place is small. Or better, tiny. But the food is good, an that's what matters.
We go for a croissant to the nearby St. Marks Place and then say goodbyes.
I head to the West Village to meet Peter Ki. He's in some fancy restaurant with a couple of friends. One of them is Janet, that I have already met.
We have a drink, then head to another place. By the time we're there my jet lag hits me hard that I have to say goodbye and leave. About 45 minute ride home wakes me up a bit and I stay chatting with Peter Ka at home for a while.
He's baked a great banana bread and we eat some and chat until it's really late and we better go to bed.

No comments: