Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Thursday, 21. August 2008.
Well, today the weather looks just a little better than the day before and I decide to risk. It's not raining at the moment, so I'll just hope it stays that way along the way.
I get on the bike and head to David's work. He's working on a new house, so I head there. It's a 3 storey house in Coos Bay. Really, really nice and spacious. And it even has an elevator!!! The view from the top floor is amazing and David takes the time to explain everything about the house. We say goodbye and I head down south.















This is the new house David is building.


Soon I'm in Bandon. I have a host here, but it's only lunchtime and I could really use this day to catch up with my schedule a little, so I text him that I'll only be in town for a little while, if he's around to hang out. He won't get my message until later in the day after he's done with work, so I get myself a sandwich at Subway and then head to a supermarket for something sweet.
They don't have croissants except in packs of 4, so I think 'whatever' and get myself 4 croissants and a chocolate milk. On this trip I'm really not worried about gaining weight, because in a couple of hills these croissants will be gone.
I hit the road and after a few hours I get to Port Orford. I'm lucky that on Thursdays the library is exceptionally open until 8 pm so I manage to check my mail there.
Basically, the whole trip between Bandon and Port Orford is inland, although the two towns are both on the coast. So in Port Orford I finally see the beauty of the Oregon coast and the road finally follows the ocean for a few miles, offering great views.
I manage to bike almost to Gold Beach and just a few miles before it I find a comping where I set my tent and crash for the night. The shower that night never felt so good.

No comments: