Monday, August 11, 2008

Saturday, 26. July 2008.
Today we go for some shopping to a mall. We end up buying tons of groceries and I make the girls my pasta with broccoli and avocado hummus. The amount of food puts Amanda to sleep, so Elaina and I wander through the neighborhood while she's napping.
I manage to check one record store and it's super boring - mostly old Rock and Country music. I'm about to leave when I notice a 7" sized box on one of the shelves. I pick it up and start going through it and record after record true gems started popping out. I stack about 20 7"s (one of them was Infest 7", for example) and take them with me upstairs to the cashier. Well, at the cash register the guy tells me: "These are not for sale.". Bummer.
They're probably having them for Ebay or something. Oh well.
We hear that there's a party at one of the CS ambassadors' place, so we head to Oakland to meet Bill and Kelly (Peter's friends, remember?). While waiting for them to pick us up, we play some cards in the park. They swing by, pick us up, and all 6 of us (Bill, Kelly, Elaina, Amanda, I and a girl in the back seat that I forgot the name of) go to a party at Jason's.
Now, Bill and Kelly are an amazing couple, but that whole party actually shines.


Partying Pittsburgh style. Unforgettable times!


There are 4 people who are signing (talking sign language) as one of the people at the party is deaf. He's 60 years old (looks 45 at most) and works with other deaf people in a center that takes care of kids who are not only deaf (as if that wasn't enough) but also mentally ill. There are two of his colleagues (Jason is one of them) who work with him and they tell us incredible stories. Stuff that makes your blood freeze. It really takes guts and dedication to do such a job, so hats of to people who decide to work with those who are less, so much less fortunate than we are.
We stay there for hours, listening to stories and exchanging opinions. It was such a weird mix of people of all walks of life yet so fantastic. Probably the best party I've been to in a long, long time.
Bill and Kelly get us back to Elaina's car and we get home ready for some sleep.

With Elaina, our host in Pittsburgh. _______ The view of Pittsburgh.

No comments: