Saturday, August 9, 2008

Wednesday, 6. August 2008.
Today I can try my bike out and that's what I do.
In the afternoon I stop by Debra's work. She works for a big Swedish construction company in Seattle and their offices are really close to some of the bike shops I've been to. I meet some of her colleagues, though unfortunately nobody's Swedish so I can't practice the (very) little Swedish I know. I guess it'll be for another time. I get to speak some Italian though, cos one of her colleagues is a second generation American Italian. She's got a thick Venetian accent. So odd to hear that in the middle of Seattle.
I get around Seattle, check out a few bike shops in search for panniers (bike bags), check out pawn shop for the same and in the end check out a record store for... well, records.
Nothing memorable this time, but I manage to find 3 different Broccoli 7"s (different "brocoli" from my "pasta and broccoli", just so you know) and happily ride back home. On the way there I stop at Taco Del Mar, which is the same Mexican place Derek of Himsa took all of us in This Side Up for some tasty burritos 9 years ago. I was so glad to be able to find the exact same place. And the burrito still tastes as good as nine years ago.
I get home, and inspired by my recent found at the record store I cook - yes you've all guessed - pasta and broccoli!
It's been the third time on this trip and it's slowly but surely becoming my "forte".
Debra is tired, so I bike away with my new Tom Tom to check one more record store. Of course I get lost and get back shortly. However, Debra is all excited to get back on the bike after months of being lazy, so she inflates her tires, get ready and we all, including Lisa, go for a late visit to Sonic Boom record store in Seattle.
The ride is great (you bet, it's all downhill. it's probably gonna hurt on the way back tho) and we get to the store in 15 minutes. Check it out and then go for a drink in the nearby cafe'.
The ride back was, yes, uphill, but no casualties. Everyone's happy.


Debra and Lisa in the cafè. Notice Barack on the table.


Biking is good stuff! Little night ride: Lisa, Debra, me.

No comments: