Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday, 24.August 2008.
Today there's some organic festival happening in Eureka, which is just 10 kilometers south of Arcata, so I decide to take a day off to rest a bit and visit the festival.
I check out some record stores in the morning and then head with Kate to Eureka. She's volunteering at the festival, behind a beer and wine stand.



This is Kate. We're biking to Eureka's Organic Festival.


There's some live music going on and tons of people around. The food is good and I pretty much keep eating for the first part of the afternoon. Matt is there as well so we chat and check some booths for a while.
The fest is interesting. There's a lot of alternative technology, like electric cars, hydrogen aided cars, solar energy oven,... Some environmental groups, some farmers, a few organic food caterers and so on. The music is mostly reggae and it's not bad.
I get back to my host's at around 7 in the evening. I check my mail and meet with Eddie and his host later on. He's staying in Arcata a couple more days while I'm headed down south in the morning. We say goodbye and make plans to keep riding the coast if he somehow catches up later on. We'll see.

No comments: