Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Wednesday, 23. July 2008
I'm on internet for the whole morning and early afternoon. I'm trying to find a ride to Seattle. I post on Craig's List, on Couchsurfing,... several people reply, but they're kind of going there too late. I need to be in Seattle by the first week of August. 
Finally, I get a message from Amanda from Couchsurfing. She's going to eastern Oregon and she's leaving soon. I figure eastern Oregon is not bad. I can just hitchhike from there. So I write her back and we decide to meet in the evening.
It's almost 6pm when I leave Peter's house for Manhattan. I stop by an electronics shop in Broadway to get a cheap digital camera. I find a Nikon Coolpix S210 for about 85 euros (probably twice as expensive in Europe) and then head to Times Square to meet Amanda.
Amanda seems OK. She's 22, not very tall and quite friendly. Her couchsurfing host is with her as well. We meet with Peter Ki and head off to some ethnic fast food place of sorts. Peter Ka joins us as well and we all chat for a while.
Then we say goodbye and Peter Ka and I walk down the city streets until the rain forces us to take the train and soaks us on the way out.

No comments: