Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Saturday, 16. August 2008.
Rose wakes me up at some point and we go to the post office to mail those records. Next to the post office there's a "european shop" that Rose thinks is mostly Russian. I can't resist the curiosity to go in.
Well, I can't believe my eyes when I see Napolitanke "Kras" in, like, 5 or 6 different flavors!! What!?! All the way from Croatia! I continue checking the shop out and hey, there's Vegeta "Podravka" and Radenska 3 Srca! Amazing!!! All Croatian products.
I even find some Italian panettone that I've never seen in Italy and of course, there's Nutella.
Feels so much like home. I get a box of Napolitanke and we head home.
I take over the kitchen again and I make the best I could out of stuff that was given to me. We end up eating a super rich omelette with cheese, squash and potatoes. To tell you the truth, it didn't come out so bad for a first timer.
Rose has to go to a wedding, so we say goodbye and I head down towards Eugene.
The road is pretty flat and that's a huge plus. There are HUGE blackberries growing on the side of the road, so I stop to pick some. I've never seen bigger blackberries in my life. And they taste so good.
I see an apple tree with ripe apples, so I pick one. The nature is so generous here. Lovely.
In the afternoon the wind rises and sometimes it's quite bothering.
I get to Corvallis, trying to see if I remember anything from 9 years ago, when This Side Up was on tour and was scheduled to play this town. Nothing looks familiar really.
Tonight I' staying with Ebba. She apparently lives out of town cos I cross the whole town and still have about 3 kilometers more to pedal.
When I finally arrive she's just finished the first stage of preparing the apple cider. There are many apple trees in the area, all bursting with ripe apples, so she picked a few boxes of apples and used them to make cider. Good idea, eh?
While I talk, she prepares an awesome veggie dinner, that reminds me of the meal I had in Salt Lake City. If people here ate this kind of stuff, there wouldn't be so many obese people in the US. Instead, crappy fast food is everywhere and people just fall for it.
I fix my bike seat that has become a bit loose and go to sleep.

No comments: